Leigh Day Educational Event 21/09/23
Info, notes & sources:
• Our People (2023). Get in touch with our team of legal experts today. [Online]. Leigh Day. Last
Updated: June. Accessed 22 September 2023. www.leighday.co.uk/about-us/our-people.
• Gov.UK. (unknown). Diffuse mesothelioma payments. [Online]. © Crown copyright. Available at:
https://www.gov.uk/diffuse-mesothelioma-payment. [Accessed 23 September 2023].
• Andrew Percy MP (Conservative) has introduced a Private Members Bill (PMB) under the ten-minute
rule for the creation of a national asbestos register. “A Bill to provide for a national register of asbestos
present in non-domestic premises and of the condition of that asbestos; and for connected
purposes”. UK Parliament. Updated: 14 September 11.30; https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3497.
[Accessed 23 September 2023].
• The European Asbestos Forum is holding the sixth International Asbestos Conference (workshops and exhibition) at
the Hotel Marriott Grand Place, Brussels on 30 November and 1 December 2023. There will be over
twenty speakers from every asbestos related field, from five continents, bringing the state-of-the-art
science, insights, experience, innovations, policy and campaigns.
• Implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures is a non-delegable duty.
Derek Maylor / Paul Lafferty 23rd. September 2023.